Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Busy Weekend, Mother's Day too.

As I started out on Saturday morning it was apparent that we would be seeing more butterflies with the warmer start that we had. Early in the morning I went boating with my older son on the Chesapeake Bay. We went to an area known as Turkey Point, that is a ten mile long peninsula in the Northermost end of the bay. The shore area can be quite productive at times, so I decided to go with him today. We saw a lot of Eastern Tiger, and Zebra Swallowtails along the waters' edge and an unknown duskywing that never was within 40 feet. After this trip, at home, I had two new butterflies for the year. These were, Least and Silver-spotted Skippers. Only one Silver-spotted, however over a dozen Least were seen today. Least Skippers are always in abundance here in the wet grassy area of my old meadow/pasture. Here is  one older picture of each as I was not able to get a new shot today. Have a great day, Denis



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home