Thursday, May 17, 2012

Red-banded Hairstreak seen today.

Hello again, Today is a coolish windy day with a stiff northerly flow of air, perfect for people day. With the temperature just hitting 70° in late afternoon there were few butterfly's flying, mostly Cabbage Whites and only solitary sightings of others. While walking with my Golden Retriever Buttercup, I had a Red-banded Hairstreak in a sunny clearing in the woods. I did not have my camera with me and attempted to take a shot with my cell phone camera to no avail. I was only two feet away from the hairstreak but the wind and shadows were not conducive to a cell phone pic. Here is a shot of a Red-banded Hairstreak on mint blossoms from 5 years ago. Mint in late summer, is always a good attractant for hairstreaks and many solitary wasps and bees that you never see any other time. Have a great day, Denis


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home